Thursday, January 31, 2008

Shawarma Palace - Chicken Shawarma Dinner

While in Ottawa a few years back I ran into a little place called Shawarma Palace (464 Rideau St). I ordered a chicken shawarma plate and fell in love. Since then I have been back many times and have placed the same order time and time again. Their chicken is juicy and packed with flavour, the rice is tender and extremely moist, the potatoes with garlic sauce are out of this world and the salad is excellent. The plate is easily big enough for two people so the price tag of nearly $14 for this plate for cafeteria style dining is somewhat justifiable. I have found a great shawarma place locally (more on that later) but nothing comes close to my beloved Shawarma Palace. Excuse the image quality it was taken at midnight with a camera phone.




No comments: