Friday, December 7, 2012

Domino's Pizza

In terms of food I'm able to grab on the run, I love shawarma, burgers and pizza. I have written extensively about all three in previous posts. If I was only able to eat three things in life I think I'd be fine with these three (sushi and BBQ would have to be thrown into the mix).

Let me preface the rest of this post by saying I don't buy pizza out very often because a) I think mine rocks and b) I can make a kickass pizza for half of what takeout places charge for their pizzas loaded with mystery meats.

In university, long before I cared about food quality (heck, I ate residence food for 2 years) Domino's pizza was on the menu at least once a week. Back then it was the best bang for your buck chain pizza wise. Most chains give you pizzas that once topped, you can still see the bottom crust through the ingredients, read: most chain pizza places rip you off by skimping on toppings, cheese even sauce.... Domino's doesn't, at least in my experience.

Recently Domino's had a promotion giving you 50% off any regularly priced pizzas on their menu, I wholeheartedly took them up on their offer. I ordered an extra large (16") ExtravaganZZa, which comes with pepperoni, ham, Italian sausage, beef, onions, green peppers, black olives and extra cheese ($11.50 after my 50% discount).

My tastebuds traveled back to a place in time where my university buddies and I sat huddled around a small table after a night of one too many pitchers, soaking up the excess fluid with a salty, greasy, cheese and carb bomb. In fewer words, Heaven.

Even though it's a chain, I still love the occasional Domino's pizza, you know, for the memories.


No comments: